Wednesday, September 16, 2015

DEDICATION AND PREFACE PAGE
DEDICATION:

I cannot thank Rica Saffer of the English Department, of Richland College, in Dallas, TX, enough for encouragement and reinforcement prompting me to tellingly write with confidence and zeal; I must righteously honor her as my devotee this time and hope she allows me to confer my tour de force, if you will, to her and with her in mind.

PREFACE:

I feel indebted to writing and hope that no one goes into shock or reaction after reading this.  I have been a rebel at heart and developed my own method and style for writing which is not original, but more from corollary reading that facilitated my composite definition for the raison d'etre of my writing.

My first rule in picking the subject is to realize what I "got an emotional stake in:" and elaborate on something that means something personally (resolved or not; sometimes I found a "royal road: to my unconscious ego by the Freudian technique of "free association.")  In writing itself I have been tempted to censor my thoughts which I never did in the first draft and often found myself giving rein to a sense of humor slippage of discovered none words, fresh phrases or flattering jargon.  It was this rule that let me know what I was good at writing and, even though I experimented on different subject matter and moods or relationships to the reader, I like to pretend I'm brighter than I am, so I wrote more of what I was good at to avoid plainness.

After the first draft, I was usually admiring it too much to edit it; I had to read it to someone or put it away for a week to let my subconscious improve it in dream work, sudden wee-hour insight, or educated commentary of my prof--I was forced to keep a bedside notebook from brainstorming.  I tried to accept teacher critique without umbrage but couldn't easily.  It was this rewriting or even typing up the paper that showed so much improvement and gratification in its ease.   I was more wordhood conscious at this stage and aware of connotation.  I knew I could spend a lot more time on any one paper, so was never completely satisfied after one week. I have learned a lot about myself in second-chancing my past with vivid re-recreation (being creative about the truth proved educational).



No comments:

Post a Comment